Diesel Generators – The Advantages
Diesel Generators engines are much more efficient and preferable as compared with petrol engine due to the following reasons:
- Modern engines have overcome disadvantages of earlier models of higher noise and maintenance costs.
- They are now quiet and require less maintenance as compared with petrol engines of similar size.
- Diesel fuel is priced moderately higher than petrol but diesel has a higher energy density, i.e. more energy can be extracted from diesel as compared with the same volume of petrol.
- Fuel cost per Kilowatt produced is thirty to fifty percent lower than that of petrol engines.
- Petrol units burn hotter than diesel units, and hence they have a significantly shorter life compared with diesel units.
- There is no sparking as the fuel auto-ignites. The absence of spark plugs or spark wires is lower maintenance costs.
- They are more reliable than Petrol engines..
They are a combination of a diesel engine with an electric generator. The electric generator generates electricity.